Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Chris!

Yesterday was Chris' birthday, and I'm a little late in posting, but considering I didn't even see him until 10:30 last night, and I won't see him most of today either, we are just pretending that Thursday is his birthday. So, if Thursday was his birthday I wouldn't be late at all. :)

In other news...
God is good.
OK, so I suppose that isn't big news. God has always been good. I have just really been reminded of it in the last week. It seems that every concern I had since my last post has been taken care of. Chris has been offered, and accepted the associate minister position at Cornerstone Christian Church, we are officially moving in 24 days, and it looks like I don't have to find a new job, and Chris can keep his guitar students. See, what was I even worried about?!

It is a little surreal though. I was telling my mom and Ericka that up until now I have had in the back of my mind that Dallas wasn't really my home. That this was only a transitional place for me. I still call my parents house "my house." I still call Indy "home." It started to hit me, when we were praying about taking this position, that this would officially make this home for me. I know I have been living here married, and out of school for nearly a year, but something is different now. Before we were waiting for the next step, and now we are in the next step. It just so happens that the next step didn't take us to a new place. Anyone who knows me at all is aware that Dallas doesn't quite make the top of my list for "great places to live," but the reality is, this is home for me now. I get a little choked up just typing those words, but the more I say them and type them, the more natural it will become. I hope. Because this is probably where we will buy our first house, and where our first kid will be born. This is it, Dallas, my home.

I won't lie, I don't quite like the sound of it yet. Maybe soon.
Some of these Texans really are starting to grow on my though. ;)



p.s. Just for the record, this does NOT make me a Cowboys fan!

2 comments:

Greggerjo said...

I recently considered a job in Texas and I decided against it. But I DID decided this (in case I ever do move there); I would love to live in Texas but I do NOT want to be a Texan! I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, congratulations guys! I'm very excited for you.

(and happy birthday Chris!)

jaci said...

texas isn't my home either.
but it grew on me :)

ps. cant wait to see you in ONE week!! love you!