Thursday, June 5, 2008

Home

I went home to see my little brother graduate from high school last week. I am so pround of him! I can't believe he isn't a little kid anymore. It was so wonderful to spend some time visiting with my family and dearest friends, and I can hardly believe that I won't get to do it again until Christmas. Yet, as wonderful as it was, it left me with a sort of strange empty feeling. It's an odd feeling, when, for the first time, you realize that you no longer belong at the place you have always called "home." I can't say that it makes my top 10 list for best feelings in the world.

The biggest trouble with it all is, I don't feel like I belong here in Dallas either.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Andrea! I can't believe I missed ya this weekend. I'm glad you got to see your family and like you...I can't beleive your little brother is grown up too! SAD!!