Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last week should have been really bad...

but somehow, it wasn't. I can't explain it. As Chris and I were pulling back into our place, from a quick trip to Oklahoma for a funeral, Chris said "you know, this week should have been really terrible." I said, "yeah, it wasn't though, was it? I feel like I should be completely overwhelmed and exhausted, but I'm not."

As always, so much has been going on. Last week Chris was alone in the church office. Ron, our senior pastor, was out of town, so everything was left to Chris. He was preparing to preach on Sunday, and of course preparing for his regular youth activities. We got a call on Tuesday that his great grandmother had passed away, and the funeral was Friday. So we were going to have to head to Oklahoma on top of an already busy week. On Wednesday, I got laid off from my job. Fantastic timing! Oh, and by the way... Texas is ridiculous, so our electric bill for the last month was $350!!! For our apartment! Bad news. Not to mention that gas is so expensive and we had to drive to Oklahoma.

Yet somehow with financial stress, job stress, and family stress, we weren't stressed! God is awesome!

So, first thing Monday morning I had an interview with Dallas Christian College, and before I left the offered me the job! And they offered me more money than I thought they would! I start Monday. Praise God! I didn't even have time to stress about a job! I love how God provides.

Then Tuesday came with enough struggles of its own. I don't know if any of you know this, but sugar free gum is toxic for dogs, which is fantastic because my dog ate a whole pack! Wonderful. So we really needed to take the dog to the vet yesterday, but we did not have the money. We weren't even sure how we were going to be able to afford our rent check because of our electric bill and gas to Oklahoma. We have money coming in at the end of the week, but we needed our rent paid before that, and our dog was apparently going to die! So, we figured that just to afford rent we would need to come up with $75. We frantically scrounged around the house, and with the $50 check I had in my purse, the $5 bill Christ had in his wallet, and all of the random loose change coming to $26, we had $76! God is awesome again! (Go figure) We still weren't going to be able to take the dog to the vet, but low and behold, we got a check for $500 before the hour was over. God gave us what we needed and then some! We got to take our dog to the vet and he didn't die (though he did poop 5 times in the house!).

Then...

Later that day we found 20 bucks and someone gave us gift cards to The Cheesecake Factory! Haha! The Lord is crazy good to us!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

wow!!!! God sure did provide abundantly! awesome.
so what are you going to be doing at your new job now??