Saturday, August 23, 2008

New Job, New Roommate, New Dog, New Job...

Oh yes.  Lots of new things. And no, that wasn't a mistake, I did say "new job" twice.  I just started my new job at DCC, which I am loving.  Its a little crazy, and very busy, but I am LOVING being busy.  Of course, I hardly feel like its new.  Its so wonderful to walk into work and know that you are actually going to have a good day.  So, all is well there!

Vicki moved back to Dallas yesterday, and as Caleb moved out, she moved in.  We've gotten accustomed to housing someone else, and we figured what's the difference?  She had a roommate back out on her and so we figured, we have an extra room and we love Vicki, so she's here! 
Of course, with Vicki... comes Gertrude Penelope Cleopatra Harvell... her dog.  Owen gets a little crazy when Gertie is around, and she has already peed in the house three times.  Owen, who is house broken, seems to think that if Gertie pees... he should pee.  Sound logic if you ask me.  So, I'm thinking there will be a little bit of an adjustment period, but we'll get through it!
Even more great news... Chris was officially offered the Associate Minister position at Cornerstone Christian Church.  We are so excited and we love the church so much!  God has blessed us with such a giving family there, and we are so blessed that they have asked us to stay for the next year.  The counsel voted on the issue last week, so he is "officially" in his new position this week.  
Always interesting around here.  I'm sure there will be more to come soon.


2 comments:

jaci said...

sometimes i get sad that i get caught up on your life through your blog.
we've gotta work out this 'being friends' thing.
and soon.
i miss you!!

jaci said...

thursdays are good :)